Thursday, October 2, 2014

Thank You!

Today is the end of one of the best chapters in my life; it is also the beginning of a new chapter as I make the transition from principal of Paine Intermediate School to Interim Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction.  I feel so blessed to have been a part of the life of our special school.  I don’t know that I ever wanted anything as much as I wanted to be named principal of Paine Intermediate way back in 2002.  I vividly remember the phone call informing me that I was going to be the principal of this beautiful new school in my own community.

I remember moving in the building that July of 2003.  Boxes upon boxes.  Truckload after truckload. Every single thing was new.  New children, new teachers, new furniture, new procedures.  Yep.  Every. Single. Procedure.  New and untried.  The car line traffic in the early days was quite a challenge!  The first morning we finally got all the students into the building about 9:00 A.M.  Mrs. Schmitt and I were basket cases.  Afternoon car line ended about 4:00!  But after a year or so, we finally got it right.  

We have shared so many experiences and memories over the past ten years.  Some have been heartbreaking; some stressful; some hilarious.  One thing we never had a shortage of was laughter. Will we ever forget the night we stayed ALL night because of snow? I wonder how many students we have had in our classrooms.  Library books?  AR points?  Parties?  Cupcakes?  Doughnuts?  I wonder how many chicken fingers we’ve eaten in the lunchroom.  How many times have we sung the National Anthem?  How many times have I said, “Let’s get on third square,”?

The most precious memories from my tenure at Paine Intermediate are the relationships and friendships that I have been privileged to be a part of.  We are a genuine family.  Every person in our building is and will always be special to me.  All of our students and parents at PI right now and those who passed through our school and moved on have left an indelible impression on my life.  I am a better person for having known so many wonderful children and families.

Reflecting is a good thing, but I am looking ahead to the future.  Ours and theirs.  Our children.  Davis, Caroline, Molly, Jake, Jack, Josh, Thomas, Reese, Tyler, Blake, and the thousands of others we have and will touch.  They are in great hands.  I know that the Paine Intermediate staff, under the leadership of Dr. Jeter, will continue to work to teach them all.  I am confident that Paine Intermediate and the new elementary schools will be the stellar schools we expect in our community, and that together we will help all of our students become the people they were created to be.

I will be back to visit, help, celebrate, meddle, and advise on a regular basis. I am confident that you continue to support the administration and teachers as they work tirelessly to help your children.

Thank you for the lovely memories.  
Beth Bruno

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for all you have done to raise the academic bar at Paine Intermediate. Blessings on your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Mrs. Bruno. Congratulations on your new assignment and I am confident that you will continue to positivly influence the lives of our children and make Trussville City Schools even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't image Paine Intermediate without you! We appreciate your tireless effort and unending devotion to our children. You will be missed!!!

    ReplyDelete